02 November 2005

Permanently Surprised

Have you ever noticed that plucking your eyebrows is a pain in the butt? Even if you do it every day, you'll still find the stragglers. And then you'll spend a half hour trying to get a hold of that one hair with your tweezers that just won't budge... pulling your eyelid in various and sometimes random directions to get "just the right angle." It's worse than the faces I make when putting on mascara.

And THEN if you pluck one by mistake... You look permanently surprised for two weeks. :P

If you wax them off and draw them in, everyone can tell, and sometimes that's even more of a hassle. Especially in Texas where you sweat so much that penciled-in eyebrows last for about two seconds. I can just imagine introducing myself to a new client while my permanently surprised look collapses into a psychotic glare.

I can think of about three million things that are more productive to do with a half hour than plucking my &%$# eyebrows. And yet I sit here every day and do it because it's a sick fascination. Like an addiction, once I did it I couldn't stop.

Okay, okay. So maybe it's not a half hour. But it certainly feels like it.

It all started when I got my eyebrows waxed as a total makeover for my birthday. Once I saw those perfect eyebrows, I couldn't imagine going back to my Bert-reminiscent old ones. It's all what's-her-name's fault. I could get more mad if I could just remember her name...

My advice to you is to find someone whose eyebrows you admire very much. Then ask her who her waxer is, and budget the money to have them done regularly. I'll let you know if I ever start doing so myself. Don't let them talk you into waxing anything else, though...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea it was all so difficult.

Jen said...

Yes, it's practically an art form. I'm considering pushing for Olympic status. I can just see the announcer... "Fifi is in rare form today, especially with the use of the tongue-balance left-squint elbow-180 pose. What an improvement from last year!"