19 May 2008

Crazy Me

So I'm in official countdown mode. In 9 days, 21 hours and 53 minutes, I will be giving my first recital as a teacher. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I know my students will do just fine, and if they don't it's just a recital anyway, but I still worry. I know that things will work out and keyboard, sound, accompanist, and everything else will fall into place, but I still worry.

I am excited for everyone to see the students, though. Some of my friends will be there, some of the band directors of my students, and of course the families of the students. And my MOM, which is so beyond cool. I'm probably expecting about 50 people, which is great.

So, I might not be much fun to talk to over the next couple of weeks, unless you particularly like talking about what a pain recitals are to put together.

Oh, except I've got an idea for our next girls' night. I want us all to go and get henna tattoos. Because our moms won't kill us for that one. So if you're up for it, I'll post when we decide to do it and whoever wants to come is welcome.

Oh, and Eli decided to MacGuyver open the cabinet again tonight, and has been asleep since 4:00 because he OD'd on children's Benadryl. But it's okay, Gil at the Poison Control Center says he would've had to drink half the bottle for it to hurt him.

So it's been a quiet night.

No comments: