23 February 2006

A Note for HiveRadical

I promise I'm not ignoring your comment!

I've been taking time to reflect on your post and think about it. I'm finding it very difficult to put my thoughts into coherent sentences that actually convey my feelings on gender roles in our God-given purpose.

I do believe gender has a role to play in our purpose. I believe God did very well creating me as a woman, since the way I think is different from a man. A man and a woman compliment each other on thought processes, and make a great pair when trying to find all angles of a situation. I believe that God blesses marriages between a man and a woman, and blesses that marriage with children to continue our species and create new followers of Christ to fulfill His purposes. I don't believe, however, that EVERY person is destined to marry and have children. Some people God has slated for other tasks. Even then, their gender might play an important role in their task. A woman usually possesses some form of a nurturing nature, which I believe is God-given. A woman that does not marry could be purposed instead for the role of caring for the sick, or ministering to those who need a maternal figure in their lives to lead them to Christ.

I told you I couldn't put a coherent thought together on this. Re-reading that paragraph just let me know I'm not explaining my views very well.

Ugh.

As far as my thoughts on marriage goes, I believe God created us male and female not only in physical body but in mental body as well. I've always liked a saying from my first marriage class: "What if God created marriage not to make you happy, but to make you holy?" A marriage that is Christ-centered would definitely encompass the realm of gender roles, and learning to accept and understand (even if you don't agree with) those that operate differently from yourself. It's almost essential to learn this Christ-like lesson to keep a marriage together (God's will for 99.9999...% all marriages).

There I go rambling again. I'm going to go think some more and I'll try to explain it better later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you think it's incoherent, but I think you did pretty well at a topic that some people have to write whole books on to get their point across. :)

Anonymous said...

I definately agree.
Thanks for the comment on my site. I really apriciate it.

Oh, and about spinability in one of your earlier posts... it's definately true. I still do that. My favorite skirt is bright, sparkly, and spins wonderfully.

Rachel

Liquid said...

I enjoyed your ramble! Keep it up...I'll be back to enjoy more!
Have a great day!