27 August 2006

Scrubs Season I

For all that haven't heard, my husband is in the hospital with spinal meningitis. Before anyone freaks out...

HE IS OKAY.

We caught it early and he's being treated. Thank you, God, for the awesome doctor on the clinic emergency line who hit the nail on the head without hesitation (we love you Dr. Lincoln!), and to all my family and friends who have called and out of concern and offered help. I'd be lost without you guys.

The most frustrating thing to me about this whole ordeal is the waiting. I am not a patient person by nature, and I think that if they did the test last night we should have answers by now. Until then, I'm stuck, quarantined in my house, out of fear that me and/or the kids might have it too and we could spread it. I would be the most likely culprit, but all I've been feeling lately is tired.

And because we are forced to wait, I had to visit my husband tonight fully scrubbed as a precaution. My poor socialite, affectionate husband is in isolation. When I went to see him I had to wear a gown, gloves, and a mask, and I wasn't allowed to hug him, cuddle him, or kiss him. Funny how he's getting all this treatment and the one thing that would make him feel better, affection, is what he can't have right now. So I did what I could, I held his hand through my glove and sat as close as I could, on the edge of the bed. I brought him dinner and Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert, and cleaned up the room a little bit. I also brought him his laptop and some movies, and tomorrow I'll bring him stuff so he can get cleaned up. Hopefully he'll only be in there a few more days.

From what I've heard, though, the recovery process takes a long time. He'll be weak for a while. I'm not sure how this will affect his work. Or anything else, for that matter.

The kids know something's wrong and have been heathens since yesterday morning. Thanks, Mom, for coming to help, I really do need it and appreciate it.

So, if you'd like something to do, please just pray for our family. For my husband's quick recovery, clear tests, a quick homecoming. For my children to calm down for a little bit, and for my sanity. Thanks a lot, you guys are the best.

3 comments:

Bridget M. said...

Oh Jen, all our prayers are with your husband and you and the kids right now. Big huge hugs to you. XOX

lisa said...

I got you covered with prayer too!

Unknown said...

Best wishes for your family and your hubby’s quick recovery.