10 September 2006

Today I feel overwhelmed. Too much to do. Our sermon in church today was about time, and how to invest time. It really convicted me, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Plan your time. Too many questions. Too many decisions.

There have been moments over the past week that I've thought, I should blog about that. Of course, I forget it a few seconds later. So I've had interesting things to say it but no memory to remember to post it. Terribly sorry.

So I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon with nothing interesting to say, a child that won't take a nap, too little sleep, another child who will probably destroy the house like she did yesterday, and a to-do list that's too long to remember, or else I'd write it down. I hope I don't forget what I need to be doing because there's so much I need to be doing and end up doing nothing. Believe it or not, that's happened before.

And my heart is heavy because of upcoming finances. Hospital bills, credit card bills. Bills, bills, bills. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever dig ourselves out of this hole. Just when I start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel something blows up and distracts me from it. Then it takes forever to catch a flicker of that light again.

Sorry it's such a depressing post. I guess I didn't realize what a ho-hum mood I'm in. I'll come back and post more when I'm a little more peppy.

5 comments:

Library Goddess said...

You don't sound depressed...you sound exhausted! Get hubby to take the kids to the park and catch a quick nap!

Anonymous said...

Jen, big hugs, firstly.

Don't apologize for a depressing post, sometimes if you can share a little of your worries it somehow lifts the burden and lets others know to give you extra comfort or assistance when you need it. You've had a long few weeks. Things always get better eventually, you've shown me that.
Take care sweetie!

lisa said...

Hope your feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I concur with all the posts so far. I haven't been too far behind you with those feelings. But you've always shown such amazing optimism. It's okay to feel lost and overwhelmed sometimes!

HiveRadical said...

I don't knojw if I ever have mentioned this before. A show I really would recomend listening to on a daily basis is the Dave Ramsey show. Try and find it on the radio or go and get his book "Total Money Makeover" If you listen to the show enough I don't think you'll need to necesarily buy the book but try to listen to it and have your husband listen to it. I've learned so many things about finances by listening to it. Much of it comes accross as common sense but enough of it wasn't common enough for me to have heard it before.