04 December 2007

In the air

Last night I got my first real Christmas feeling. The air was cold, with that familiar snap in it, and the smell of woodsmoke drifted by on a breeze. For some reason this always is my signal that Christmas is upon us. It just never feels like it until I get the snap and the smoke. Hah. Therefore I can never move to California or Arizona or any other place that doesn't get that, because Christmas is my favorite holiday and it would be a tragedy for it not to feel like Christmas.

I've gotten most of my shopping done. The ones that haven't been covered are on hold for one reason or another, either waiting on something or I simply don't know what to get. Hopefully my gifter's block will end soon and I'll be able to wrap it up...

Since I just found out that we'll be leaving on Wednesday instead of Friday! And I'm very excited about that. For those that don't know, there is not a single holiday that we spend here, since we have no family in town. Luckily I married a family-oriented guy as well, so there's no questioning whether we'll be with family over a holiday or not, it's just a fact of life. It's always been that way for me, and it would break my heart to change it.

I am finally sending out Christmas letters this year, so please, if I don't have your address, or if you're not sure I have your address, or you've moved, please e-mail it to me so I can send it to the right place. I'll try to contact everyone that I know for sure has a different address than the one in my so-very-not-up-to-date little black book. I hope to get the cards out by the week before Christmas, but with the Christmas rush, there's no telling whether they'll make it on time or not. So just know that you're in my thoughts and prayers, and a card will arrive soon.

All my love to my friends and family!

No comments: