18 February 2008

I'm posting the pictures last 'cause I know you won't read it if I post them first. Haha.

I actually experienced a Christmasy day the other day, sad to say it was in February. It had all the things that make me feel like it... snap to the air, smell of woodsmoke, etc. I've blogged about it before so I won't go into it.

Went to Dallas this past weekend, going again this weekend. Last weekend was the Ignite conference. It was incredible, and I got to see Dick Hoyt (linked to his website). So cool. The promotions for the associates and customers for the rest of the month are incredible! Can't wait to start saving people money and making money to do it!

Anyway, that aside, B and I cleaned up the house last night, and B scrubbed the recliner. Doesn't look like a snot monster attacked it now, at least. That's a great thing.

It shouldn't be a quiet week for lessons, but 3 of my students have tennis tryouts the day of their lesson. The week of UIL. The timing couldn't be worse. There needs to seriously be some communication between departments, here. They're making my life miserable.

On a positive note, the worship pastor of our church said he's getting me the nice keyboard from across the street for my recital. Because he's cool like that. So at least my accompanists won't be too mad they're not on a baby grand (you know accompanists...).

Valentine's Day was fabuloso. Poor B, he tried so hard to surprise me. Since I was going out of town on Friday, we celebrated on Wednesday. He hired a babysitter to watch the kids at 8:00 (when my lessons end). He had wanted to take me for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, but I had already fixed enchiladas (not my fault, I had no clue, and if I'd known I definitely wouldn't have fixed dinner for us). He then decided he'd just do dessert and coffee... poor guy turns his back and I'd made a pot of coffee and was having a slice of cake. He just can't catch a break! So we went out and got coffee anyway and wandered child-free around bookstores. We ended up getting a few new books, I got one that's written by a geisha and looks promising.

Kudos to my husband!

So here's the pictures, now that I've bored you to death.

DSC06127
The kids signing a card to Daddy. Izzy actually wrote "I luv you dad, Izzy." And please pardon my mess, I didn't realize how bad it looked until I saw the photo enlarged. Yikes.

DSC06125
My roses!!! Aren't they pretty? :) :) :)

No comments: