01 February 2008

It's been a busy day. One where I'm happy to be home and take a deep breath.

I started the morning out with Pilates, came home for lunch, and then watched a friend's children while she went to a doctor's appointment. I ended up taking her oldest son home with me to give her a break for a few hours. Of course, my kids doted on him. He's younger than either of them, so both of my kids' maternal streaks came out as they were entertaining him. Incredibly cute to watch.

I then went to home group, where I reconnected with my friend to return her child to her. It's the first time I've been to a home group in a few years, and I loved being back. Lots of loving people and a great time together. I came home way too late, both of the kids passed out in the van.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as well, getting the Jeep cleaned out and ready to donate. Updating the tags on the Corolla. Mailing my tax forms so we can get our return process started. Running to the store for four or five essentials. And most likely another girls' night with Monica to finish what we couldn't when I was there last. Note to self: see what kind of wine I can bring this time, but make sure we do the eyebrow shaping before we crack open the bottle...

And Sunday will be the first time in over a year I'll have attended church services with my husband. They've switched the service times, and we'll be able to attend service together since he'll only be working one service in the children's ministry. I absolutely can't wait, I've missed it so much. Church is a different experience when your spouse can attend with you.

Cuteness of the day: Izzy is blossoming into such a cute little kid. She's trying to spell words now, and since she's learning her letters phonetically, she took a crack at some of her friends' names with "Awwww" results registering a 6.7 on the Adorable Scale. Gideon was spelled "Giydin", Shayla was spelled "Shaila" (hey, that's pretty darn close, you know). And when singing All-Star the opening line in our family is now "Somebody once told me the world is macaroni."

Awwww...

I have proclaimed February to be Siler Savings Month, since March will be pretty harsh on us with the first car payment and escalated insurance (which will drop to a reasonable level in April when our policy renews). God willing, we will be able to pull it off with little to no damage to our savings.

And in the midst of all this I have to find the money, time, and everything else to plan a trip to Arizona. Because I need it for my sanity, and Steph needs it for hers.

Lots going on. But I'm okay with that. I can prioritize better when I'm busy.

No comments: