15 April 2008

Now that I've had a moment to dislodge my tongue from my throat, thus causing the babbling in my previous post, I can explain.

It's been a hell of a week.

I have never been so exhausted in my entire life, I don't think. Not even when I had little Busy-Izzy's round-the-clock colic to deal with. Not when I was in DIQ with Mary Kay. Wowzers.

It began Tuesday night. I went to pick up my BFF from the airport at 11:30 PM, and she was delayed by about half an hour because they lost one of her bags. So she's in the airport with 3 munchkins in the middle of the night, trying to fill out a baggage report.

Wednesday we contacted every Medicaid dentist in the Houston area and finally found one that would take patients under 8. Drove forty-five minutes away to get the Medicaid paperwork. Then I taught lessons and did a wine study for a market research company, which was actually a lot of fun.

Thursday we woke our butts up at the crack of dawn and went to said dentist's office for a crack-of-dawn appointment, and ended up staying all day filling out six months' worth of paperwork and attending appointments to go with said paperwork. I came home and taught lessons, or what was left of them by the time we got home. I had to cancel some of them, so a shout out to Mo for breaking into my house to get the numbers for me. Otherwise I would have stood them up.

Friday was relatively peaceful, if you don't count six children fighting all day long. By that night I needed a strong drink.

Saturday I bustled them off to Nana's for the night, where they've stayed because now I'm sick. Have been since Sunday, and the boy, too. We can't risk it, her kids are having surgery tomorrow and can't get sick.

But hopefully I'll be able to see them this weekend.

*Takes a long breath*

I hate being sick. I know I've said it before, but darnit, you're gonna hear it again. I hate being sick. I hate being sick.

I've got too much to do. My recital is now in 6 weeks, and I don't have an accompanist. I don't have a head count. I'm freakin' out. And I have to schedule practice sessions with the accompanist and my students, and jam sessions with those doing duets and the such. God help me, 'cause right now I'm too tired and sick to do anything about it.

I just want to be better by Thursday, 'cause I want to go to Roots. I hate missing it.

And I'm rambling the rant of a sick person hopped up on DayQuil, who can't think about much without it turning into gobblety gook. Because I hate sore throats and running noses almost as much as I hate sore throats and stuffy noses. It takes away all my desire to look presentable, and only after I'm well do I wonder, Was I drooling in front of people? Good grief, I hope not.

And I refuse to take NyQuil, so nights are tough. NyQuil makes me hallucinate. I don't know why. But I distinctly remember taking it and waking up to see the alligator (crocodile?) with the red cape from Disney's Robin Hood standing at the edge of my bed and waving at me. All I could do was smile and wave back. Because seriously, how many times do you see a Disney cartoon standing at the edge of your bed?

I'm rambling again. I'm going to bed before I start talking about something embarrassing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say Hi to the gator for me... I see cats walking on the ceiling... cute ones. NyQuil is baaaaad.