24 August 2008

Soccer Mom

I'm enjoying the last few hours I will have with no kids in school.

In one way, I'm so excited. I know I'll get a lot done with one child in the house. I know the Iz will make tons of friends and be so excited about school. I know she's ready and she's a big girl.

In another way, I'm sad. My little girl is no longer a baby. She reads and writes. She won't be around me all the time anymore. I'm going to miss her so, so much.

But that will make the evenings and weekends so special.

And I've fallen through, guys. Oh, yes. The black hole that is the Soccer Mom. I've signed up for the PTA. And the Voluteer group at the school. They were so excited to hear that I teach music so they can have someone to play piano at the school musicals.

I also packed Iz's lunch tonight, wrapped everything up tight, made sure she had healthy choices and plenty to eat. And put a note in her lunch box, telling her to have a good first day of school and that I love her.

Am I so June Cleaver or what?

Ah, it's all downhill from here. Just kick me when I get the band stickers with my kids' names on them put on the back of my MINIVAN, okay?

No comments: