27 December 2005

I am Wonder Woman

Today is just an awesome day.

wonderwoman3

This morning I was insanely productive. I did half my laundry before 9:00. I kept the house moderately straight. I scrubbed the toilet. I reorganized the clothes in my closet. I did the dishes. And all while listening to KSBJ on my brand new CD player (see previous post). I also posted to both of my blogs, updated my Christmas card list, balanced the checkbook, and completed the budget for next month. Oh, and I made a deposit at the bank. All this before 10:00.

Then, the kids and I went outside in the backyard for a while. I cleaned up a bit, picking up paper and plastic cups and trash (we live on a corner lot, people driving or walking by seem to think we're their trash can), emptied the large and very full trash container into bags, rearranged the backyard Little Tikes toys, and played with the kids for a while. It's Mommy's job to push the swings, you know.

We then came inside and I did preschool with my daughter while my son rode around on his new Lion King Push 'n' Ride. At three she can now, with about an 80% accuracy, recognize the first three letters of the alphabet.

On top of that, it's just a beautiful day today. The weather is perfect, there's a cool breeze, it's partly cloudy, and there's just something in the air. For me, I think it's the fact that between Christmas and New Year I am blissfully without plans. I don't have classes, I don't have to teach, I don't have to go shopping for Christmas presents, I don't have to pack or unpack for trips, I don't HAVE to do anything.

Go me. I am Wonder Woman.

1 comment:

Jen said...

O.k. reading this makes me tired.