27 December 2005

Favorites 2005 Edition

A few favorites from this year, judged by a work-at-home Mom. I guess you might say I give them 5 Potors. ;)
dawn botanicals
Dawn Botanicals. I absolutely love the smells. I put a lot of stock into soap smells (or the smell of anything, really). My favorite is the "Refreshing: Honeysuckle & Rain." A very close second is the "Uplifting: Lemongrass & Orange Blossom." I didn't like the smell of the Uplifting when I smelled it in the bottle, but it smells very good when you're actually washing dishes. I come close to enjoying doing the dishes now. At least I don't get the sudden urge to break any.
targettunic

The Tunic. I found this shirt on Target.com. I bought it in Bittersweet (brown), and it's become my favorite shirt. Dress it up with a peasant skirt and boots, or down with jeans and sandals. I usually wear it with a beige tank underneath. This shirt is highly recommended for hiding all upper body flaws.

kitkat-coffee

Coffee KitKats. Wow. Someone was a genius. You open this now-gone limited edition candy bar and it's like opening a new tub of Folgers. It's insanely good. Even my husband loves them, and he doesn't like coffee. I do like coffee, but I normally don't like coffee-flavored candy. I'm trying to decide whether I want to petition Hershey's to bring it out as a regular item, or if I'm glad it's gone so I won't gain 300 pounds.
cinderella dvd

Disney's Cinderella. This movie brings back so many memories that I can't even begin to tell them all to you. The one I will tell you is that when I was a kid and I would stay home sick from school, I would do a movie line-up. This is back before DVD, so I'd pile all the VHS tapes up in order, lay on the couch with chicken soup and a box of Kleenex, and pop one in right after another. They were always feel-good movies, and they were usually Disney. This movie always made the cut. I'm going to tell you now, The Little Mermaid comes out in October, so I know for sure that it will make the list next year.

star wars dvd

The Star Wars Trilogy. They released the trilogy on DVD this year. My husband got it for Christmas because I'm a cool wife. I have to admit, it was partially a selfish gift. I knew he wouldn't watch them without me...
microderm

Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion Set. What used to cost $150 per treatment is now $55 for 30 treatments. Forgive me for the shameless plug, but I'm really excited about this! MK released this miracle product in March. Step 1 super-exfoliates the face down to baby-butt smoothness, then Step 2 replaces vitamins, balances pH, and calms skin down with anitoxidants and anti-irritants. We're the only company to offer the Step 2 serum. It's been marked by Shape magazine to be the best take-home microdermabrasion set on the market, and pre-market testing results show that in the first week, 85% of women noticed an improvement in skin texture, 73% saw a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, and 71% saw smaller-looking pores. Who wouldn't buy that???? If you want to know more, just visit my website.
meg ryan
Meg Ryan. But Meg always gets my vote. She's just so darn cute and I want to be just like her.
What are some of your favorites this year?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol, I give you 5 potors!