06 December 2005

I Bet You Didn't Know

Well, I decided to steal an idea from a friend's blog. I loved her birthday post. She posted things that she bet others didn't know about her. I think I can drum up a few things that people don't know about me.



  • I sometimes still cut the crusts off my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
  • I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against a wall.
  • I still get a kick out of watching 80's cartoons, like Jem, Rainbow Brite, and My Little Pony.
  • I want five kids, and I want the next one to be born at home.
  • I'm actually considering cloth diapers.
  • When I'm chewing bubble gum and blow a bubble, I can pop it several times on the same bubble. My highest record so far this month has been 16 good pops.
  • My husband and I met twice and were married three times (to each other, but never divorced). The moral of "our story" is that the saying that you don't get a second chance for a first impression simply isn't true.
  • I have a really hard time lying. It always shows on my face.
  • I'm okay with folding clothes, but I can't stand hanging them up.
  • I'm a closet perfectionist.
  • I can't read a book without looking for grammatical errors. I usually find some.
  • I'm a girly drinker. Give me anything frozen, fruity, and with an umbrella and I'm happy.
  • I've always wanted to go horseback riding on something other than a trail ride.
  • I bite my nails, and have done so as long as I can remember. I like to use the excuse that long nails click on the piano and it annoys me, or that you can't play guitar with long nails. Now if I only played guitar...
  • Speaking of guitar, it's the only instrument I can't play that I actually have the desire to.
  • I can play piano, clarinet, sax, most any other reeded instrument, flute, and can teach (and play like a seventh grader) percussion.
  • When I was nine my goal in life was to be a mermaid when I grew up. I even went so far as to have my mom sew me a mermaid costume to wear in the pool.
  • For Halloween one year as a kid I went as She-Ra.
  • One of the really big things I wanted to do when I found out my first baby was a girl was style her hair in all different ways. I think it's ironic that my daughter has no hair to style.
  • My first paycheck job was demoing ice cream for Yarnell.
  • In Girl Scouts I was bitten by a baboon.

If I think of more I'll post them. I'd like to hear an interesting thing about you...

3 comments:

Bridget M. said...

OMG What a hilarious list! It's so fun to get to 'know' you!

Jen said...

Awww. AND I love my husband. Add THAT one to the list.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, Thugar is my hubby.

Anonymous said...

Jen
your wack-o! I knew there was a reason I WUV YOU!!!! And you are me friend.

Love ya
Your far far far away friend
Rin