31 January 2007

Looking at the World Through Mary-Kay-Colored Glasses

I'm excited. And tired. And stressed. And strangely relaxed. All aflutter. And yet calm.

Yes, that's right, folks. Jen is entering DIQ again. This is it! I've got my 8, I've got another 3 placing orders, so that'll be 11, I've got 13 in the wings that are about to sign on... and life is good.

Of course, this requires the requisite prayer for my success. Any and all prayer is appreciated. My connection at the gym has more than paid off, with three of the 13 new recruits coming directly from there in the past week.

Unlike last time, I'm relaxed, but excited about what the future holds for me. A new car? Will I meet car qualification at the same time as Directorship? Will everything go better than planned (because it never goes AS planned)? Will I have the drive to complete what I'm about to start again?

Thanks to my wonderful team for their support. Thanks to my Director for keeping me accountable so I can achieve my dreams. Thanks to my Mom for being a listening ear. Thanks to my friends for saying "Go get 'em, girl!"

I have seen my future, and it is a most glorious shade of pink...

I never thought I'd end up wanting a career in Mary Kay. It just wasn't in the plans. But I'll tell you, I've never loved any company more. The more I'm in it, the more I love it. I've made so many great, positive, supportive friends just by being a consultant. My adoptive Houstonian mom is my Director, and I couldn't do it without her. She's there when I need her, whether it's to come with me to get new leads, or to watch the kids so I can get stuff done, or just offer some business advice. I thank God I found her and that she's my Director, because without her I would have never begun.

And I expect all of you at my Directorial debut with bells on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure... I'll take your pictures. By then I'll have even more lights... muahahahahaha. :)

Jen said...

Go Pink!

lisa said...

So how is it going? just curious.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I LOVE the new look! It's actually incredible! Congratulations on your continuing success with Mary Kay! This is exciting!