16 September 2007

MIA

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to post over the past week, and geezzzzzz...

So I'm enjoying the calm before the storm. It's nice to be wanted. I've watched my 3-school contact list jump to 9 schools through referrals. Apparently I'm a hot item right now. Everybody wants me. Yeah, baby. The most common thing I've heard a band director say over the past two weeks has been, "So I gave your number to so-and-so and such-and-such school, they're looking for a clarinet teacher, too..."

I've gotten two students scheduled, with countless others waiting in the wings, breathless in anticipation of a phone call from me.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I've still got a lot of students who need scheduling. It's a matter of time before my schedule is marked up with lots of black writing. Probably this week, since I have not forgotten to mention that there are only six lessons available between now and regional tryouts, and that's if they start this week.

So, yeah, I'm about to get busy.

Oh, and we got a frog. His name is Mambo, and he adopted us. He hitched a ride home on B's windshield after a poker game, hung on the entire time. We figured he really wanted us. So he's been sitting in his tank, getting fat on crickets and keeping the kids amused.

And I am sooooo behind in homeschool. Three days now. Yikes. I decided we needed to step back since the Iz was having a little problem distinguishing Ah, Eh, and Ih phonetically. So we're concentrating on that until it's down pat. Unfortunately, that means I've also gotten lazy on the other subjects. Shame on me.

So this week is catch-up. Again.

I'm really looking forward to coffee in the morning, but not so much looking forward to the post office run I'll be making after it. I know the only people who would send us a certified letter, and it's not someone I care to hear from. It's a long story, and I won't go into it, but you can ask about it if you think to. So, mixed feelings about tomorrow. I may just hide in Dori's closet until the post office closes. Sounds like a plan, right? As long as she keeps the coffee coming I'll be perfectly fine.

Hardy har har.

No comments: