11 November 2007

Los Aeros En Fuego

Aeros v Sharks

That is the hockey game I went to last night. My first ever live hockey game. I'm not a sports fan in the least sense of the phrase, but I really enjoyed it!!! I think it could be something I could get in to (don't go buying me any Red Wings jerseys yet, Mike, I said think). And the best part was that the Aeros won 5-1. Go Aeros!

That poor Sharks goalie. I wondered how many times he wanted to turn around and flip my section the bird. He had to have the patience of Job, or he had to be deaf. Our entire section was constantly chanting.

He shoots, he scores... hey goalie! You suck!

Poor guy.

And the colors of the Aeros uniforms sparked Bryan to rename them Los Aeros. I mean, we are in Houston, but having green, red, and white uniforms is just too funny. Bill laughed about that one the whole night.

And I was outnumbered. I went to this game with three men, so I felt like I was being drawn two ways... on the one hand I felt like being super-feminine to produce more estrogen to combat the testosterone. On the other hand, the testosterone in the hockey game itself was so overwhelming I had the urge to hock loogies, pass gas, and lower my voice an octave. I went with the ultra-feminine, just because I didn't want to be lost forever. It didn't take much, I'm pretty girly to begin with.

But you know what the nicest thing about hockey games is? Besides the game itself, of course.

There was no line at the women's restroom.

Yep, ladies, you heard me right. No line. Because the majority of the fans are... you guessed it... men. So while my male counterparts had to wait in line for the bathroom, I walked right in. And then one of the guys brought me a margarita, so I didn't even have to wait in the long bar line for that. It was so cool. I wonder, though, if it was just the novelty of having a woman present at this game that made the guys super-sensitive to doting on me.

Oh, yeah, I'm going to another hockey game!

No comments: