25 November 2007

MIA Again

Sorry for the void over the holidays. I know you all were lost without me. ;)

I find it hard to post over the holidays. All I want to do is hang out with my family, and even though we don't "do" much, it never seems like enough visiting time.

I spent the past week and a half away from home. The first week was in my hometown. A college friend of mine got married, and we came home early to attend. It was a beautiful wedding. I absolutely LOVED the bride's dress. A stunning rose color with lots of beading detail and a lace-up back. Gorgeous. And I finally got to meet the groom. And hung out with people I haven't seen since I attended Centenary... what... seven years ago? The funny thing is, we're all music teachers of some sort now.

Then it was Thanksgiving week, and we spent it with my family. We went ice skating, I got my hair done (lopped off is what my husband calls it). I got to sleep in a few mornings, which is highly unusual. And I got to hang out at N Cahoots with my sees-ter. Also very cool. It's fun to see my sister in her "native environment" with all her friends. I can tell she's loved by them all, and that makes me happy.

By the way, pics available of all of the above as soon as I get them. They're on my Mom's camera, so when I get copies I'll post them. Because there's nothing cuter than pictures of a five-year-old's first ice skating experience.

I spent the last couple of days at my friend Steph's house. I won't go into the details, I'll just say that she just needed me. I'm glad I could be there.

But now I'm sitting at home, looking around at the impossible task of reigning in this house this week and recovering from the trip, and it's just overwhelming. And on top of everything else, Bry's out of town this week, so I have to brave the rapids alone. It's 9:30 and Eli's still up. I put him to bed an hour and a half ago, and I've been fighting him ever since about going to sleep. So far he's dumped out his toy box, used the toy box to open his door, climbed on top of the stove looking for candy, gone to the bathroom twice, and begged for water three times. Keep in mind these are all separate instances.

Yep, not looking forward to this week. I think I'm going to go fix a pitcher of pina coladas and watch Memoirs of a Geisha or something that I'll really enjoy and just relax tonight.

Oh, and shower. Yep, gonna shower.

All this crud will still be waiting for me tomorrow anyway.

No comments: