01 January 2006

Message in a... Potato???

I decided earlier that I would dice potatoes tonight for eggs benedict in the morning, since they take 45 minutes to cook. I wanted to save a little time, since neither waking up at the butt crack of dawn or getting breakfast on the table around lunchtime sounded like plausible options.

Why was I dicing potatoes, you ask? Because our eggs benedict is special. We dice our potatoes, throw in some diced onion and bell pepper, some oil and seasoned salt, and bake it. We then make homemade-from-scratch hollandaise. Our complete eggs benedict consists of a toasted English muffin topped with a poached egg, diced potatoes O'Brien and ham, mixed cheeses, capers, and hollandaise. It's quite a work of culinary art. Apparently we make it (or at least talk about it) enough for my husband's parents to get us a real live egg poacher for Christmas. Whoopee! Now we're professional eggs benedict makers!!!

But I digress.

So I'm dicing potatoes in an effort to save time, and I notice a very peculiar marking in a potato. I had to take a picture of it and share. I think it's a warning of the second coming via potato, like the dolphins leaving being a precursor to the destruction of Earth.

Thanks for all the fish.

DSC04965

3 comments:

Bridget M. said...

Way cool to dig for the deeper potatoes. I hope the breakfast was magnificent and that 2006 brings you so much happiness. Happy new year!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of potatoes in Eggs Benedict. And I realy like eggs benedict!

Jen said...

Potor, I think you may have found your match in the highly competitive world of eggs benedict makers. Fly over here and we'll show you how Texans do eggs benedict.

The potatoes are the perfect touch!