21 May 2006

It Just Makes You Sick

This weekend has been all about my poor sick baby boy. He can't seem to hold anything down (even water) or in. Maybe a stomach virus?

I know, that's just what you were praying for on a Sunday morning... poop stories!

He's spent most of the weekend cuddling me or Daddy, which means hubby and I got thrown up on a few times. This seems to be a group-wide problem. My friend monkeyboolala told me her kids were throwing up last week, hufflebinks said that her kids were displaying some symptoms like my boy did before he began throwing up, and preggo posted on her blog that she had to leave church because her little one started throwing up. I'm trying to remember when we were all together that we might have caught something, and I'm thinking it was the garage sale. You know, the one where I got my new pink flip-flops?

Baby boy has been fiercely cuddling me all morning, and after being thrown up on A LOT we both took a shower. I laid him in my bed to check my e-mail and he fell asleep. That's how listless he is today, and he's running a low-grade fever. I think I'm going to call the doctor and set an appointment for tomorrow. And the nurse, just to see if she's noticed anything going around. We have a 24/7 hotline. Isn't that convenient?

So, I've been the ultimate procrastinator of procrastinators, and I have some tags to take care of before people from Canada, Arizona, and God knows where else come to kick my butt.

Spam Haiku (as you recall,
I'm an expert at Haiku... haha!)
by Jennifer Siler

I can't comprehend...
Songs made for your enjoyment
Much ado with you!



And another tag:

1. What's your favorite color?
Well, ultimately I'd still have to say blue, especially royal tones, more red tones than yellow. A close second is the color of the sky in Texas on a summer day. I've taken to pink lately, and of the shades I definitely prefer the lighter baby pink. It's growing on me.

2. What do you want to do? Why are you working on what you want to become?
I desire to be a Mary Kay National Sales Director. I believe this would allow my family the financial freedom and the flexibility with time to make the most of our time and our relationships. My husband can quit his job, we can all be home, we'll have the energy to homeschool, and the ability to travel like we've always wanted to. Plus, it secures our future as far as college education expenses and retirement. I enjoy doing something that I know not only helps other women either gain confidence in their own beauty, but gives them an opportunity for financial freedom or a backup plan. It's made me see the beauty in every woman, and I rarely see a woman now that I think isn't beautiful, and usually it has to do more with her inside than her outside. A woman who may not be a model or have a traditional "beauty" may have great skin, an incredible smile, or eyes that sparkle with the love of a pure heart.

3. What do you want me to go away knowing about you?
That I love fiercely, whether it be my God, my family, or my friends. That I don't have a tolerance for pettiness, chronic laziness, or manipulation. That I'm not perfect and I never will be, but that won't stop me from striving to become what I was created to become.

4. What is your biggest fear?
Two... something happening to my children (I can't even think about it, it makes me hyperventilate) or my husband. Of growing old alone because of something I had no control over.

5. Do you always tell the truth no matter what the cost?
Ouch. I'd like to say yes, but that would be a lie, which is contradictory to the point of this question. That's what I want you to think of me, but the fact is that sometimes I'll tell white lies or the lie of slight omission because the truth of my thoughts isn't pretty, necessary, or uplifting. And I'm working on that, making my thoughts mirror my words, especially in the uplifting department. Unfortunately, I am fallen like the rest of the world, but I land in the protective blanket of God's forgiveness.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

spamalicious

Bridget M. said...

Hope your son feels better right away. Catching barf is not so fun. And your tag results are stupendous, but so are you.

Library Goddess said...

I remember when you were a new baby and "got" me, your daddy, and your Auntie M! Motherhood is a challenge, but you're doing a good job meeting that challenge...

lisa said...

Hope the little guy feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful wonderful.
Wonderful.
I hope everyone is feeling better!