07 June 2006

Human Emotion

The range of human emotions that can be experienced at one time amaze me. As I sit here tonight, I realize I am happy, worried, tired, annoyed, content, excited, and all at once.

We just finished dinner with some friends, and as they were leaving, I was thinking, what nice people they are. I really like them, their whole family is totally awesome. I'm definitely going to have to make a point to spend some more time around them.

I'm in the midst of resubmitting for qualification, getting ready to work my tush off again, starting reading lessons with my daughter who isn't cooperating, trying to put the house back together after my last qualification period before this one starts, and getting things organized for my son's upcoming birthday, I'm beginning to feel the familiar gnawing of being overwhelmed. This happens every so often. At least I'm not doing anything else as a commitment. My playgroup is breaking for the summer, so is MOPS, so is Crown. Please be praying my goals are met well before the fall so maybe I won't have to give anything up permanently. I'd also like to start my daughter on ballet lessons in the fall, so I'll need the time and energy for that.

This post seems like I'm rambling about what's been going on in my life. I'm not putting much about what I'm feeling, and I think it's because I'm too tired to think. I think I'll go lose myself in my new book for a few minutes before I pass out on my pillow.

Good night! :)

2 comments:

Bridget M. said...

This too shall pass, right? Hang in there, get some rest. You've had a crazy spring already!

lisa said...

I hate that overwhelmed feeling, especially when there are deadlines involved. It will happen just rest in God's timing.