08 May 2007

Goose eggs and beach days

I was walking in to the grocery store when I got the sudden urge to go to the beach. Really, grocery shopping is such a mundane activity to call up such a strong emotion, but I had a sudden longing for the ocean. Not Galveston, but white sands and blue waters, with waves tall enough to whitecap before hitting the shore. It must have been the warmth of the sun on my shirt, giving me the just-out-of-the-dryer feeling you only get with clothing when you're on the beach or when they're - you guessed it - just out of the dryer.

I guess the urge has been building in me. The excitement over our community pool opening, the unreal call to the store to buy a new bathing suit... it all adds up in one tumultous moment when I suddenly stop the fire-engine red kiddie cart in front of Kroger and say, "I'd rather be at the beach."

That strange moment aside, I decided it had been long enough since I'd posted some pictures. I know the Grammas keep up with this blog, and I'm sorry to have disappointed! So, here's a few to tide you over until some day in the future when I remember to upload them again. Sadly there's none of me, since I'm usually the one behind the camera, but I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have some of me after my sister gets married. Enjoy!

DSC05760
Bryan with the kids... they love their daddy!

DSC05763
My knight in shining armor.

DSC05774
Izzy's kinda new haircut (it was a new haircut when the picture was taken, I swear!) and a little bit of love.

DSC05806
Note to self: always check the oven before turning it on.

DSC05808
Eli's goose egg from this morning. He went after phantom gum in my purse (on top of the microwave) and fell off the counter onto his head. Note to Eli: ask first.

DSC05818
A game of chase this afternoon. I love the blissfully happy grins on their faces as the "monster" chases them.

1 comment:

lisa said...

Cute Pics!!!!!!