03 May 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring

The awaited rain that was supposed to be here Tuesday and Wednesday is finally here. I love the rain, it just happened to fall on a day when I needed to get some things done. Oh, well. I guess my dress alteration can wait until tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to a seminar on real estate investment, since my husband went last week and is insistent that I go. I'm not thrilled about it, if I'm honest with myself. But he wants an opinion, and that I can give. I know before I even go that now is not the time. We are in a delicate financial position that needs time to stabilize, so starting something like this isn't a good idea for at least another year. And the bitter part of me wonders why I want to spend time fixing up other houses while mine is in such need of repair.

Don't get me wrong, I know that eventually this is what we'd like to be doing. The money is lucrative, and it seems like he's finally found a company worth working with. I'm just not ready to give it the time or money it needs. I know that since he works full time, I would do most of the work for it in the beginning. And that includes coming up with the money to start it. And the real test for my husband is whether or not he's still interested in doing it after a year. Then I'll know he's serious. I know my husband well enough to know he has the capability, but I also know him well enough to wonder whether this will fall by the wayside after a few months, like so many other things.

The kids went outside to ride their bikes yesterday. Eli's getting very proficient on his new bike, and he's only ridden it twice. Izzy needs a new bike. The seat and handlebars are as high as they'll go without falling off, and she's still struggling not to hit her knees on the handlebars. I can't believe she's that big.

The mail is here. Sadly, it's one of my favorite parts of the day. Even if it's junk or bills, I still like going through it. And on the occasion that there is something fun in it, it just makes my day. Right now I'm waiting on three somethings: a Metallica CD, a bathingsuit, and a "little something" for my sister-in-law. Don't tell my husband, he was extremely opposed to getting her anything for her wedding that even hinted that she might have sex, but I guess since she's not my biological sister I don't feel the need to withhold the obligatory Frederick's purchase. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I'd hesistate to buy one for my sister, either. That means that either I'm more laid back about it, or I just can't comprehend the denial that a big brother lives in. I mean, hello, she's getting married.

It's stopped raining, so I'm going to take advantage of it. I think I still have time to get my dress taken care of if I hurry. I'll try not to stay gone so long again.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Married people only kiss... and sometimes hug... but not too much, 'cause that makes babies.