29 May 2007

Mommy Moments

Home sweet home! I loved our trip, but you never understand how great it is to be home until you're an adult. In the car this morning, Izzy was telling me we were going to see Lilly today... not a chance! There's no way I'm getting close to a vehicle today unless I have to.

The wedding was spectacular. The bride was beautiful, the wedding itself was elegant and touching. The reception was a blast! Thanks, Courtney, for choosing a jazz band over a DJ... they were awesome! Really worked with the crowd and had a bunch of fun playing! And to top it all off, I got a "Mom experience," one I thought I wouldn't get for a while.

We actually got to stay at the Inn on the wedding night. I know, crazy, right? My two active children in a high-class resort hotel? With breakables all around! Most people would think I was out of my mind. But it worked. When it was way past their bedtime and they were exhausted, I took them up to the room we were in, got them ready for bed, and sat there in the dark with them until they were both asleep. Then I went back downstairs to the party. Yay!!! Adult party time! By the way, we stayed at the Wildwood Inn. We were in room 12, and I have to say that it's probably the nicest room I've ever stayed in. The pictures don't do it a hint of justice. Since I'm female, I notice the little things. They took care of it. It was an African-themed room, and they had little bronze statues of giraffes and elephants, framed pictures of monkeys, dragonfly cabinet knobs, and even a leopard-print stool. Typing it out makes it seem kinda cheesy, but you'd have to see the room. It was utterly classy and downright beautiful. There was a balcony overlooking the pool, jacuzzi tub, terry robes, and exotic bath items. No generic crap for this place! We're talking exotic essential oil stuff!

So... who's up for a girl's weekend at the Wildwood?

Haha... first off, we'd have to drive to Denton. Not so bad, but it would have to be a weekend and not just one night. And I'd want to do it in the fall, when it's still warm enough to swim, but there's not as much rain. Second off, I'd have to be able to afford it. Because I'd want to stay in room 13.

Right.

No comments: