28 March 2008

For five satisfying days my house was kept in decent order. Laundry got done. Dishes were done every night. The kids' rooms miraculously didn't have any tornadoes blow through. The kids actually got along a lot of the time. I actually got to shower every day. And do my makeup.

The peaceful wind that blew through the Siler house was my Momma.

If you've never met my Momma, you're missing a lot. She's dubbed by the people who know her as the sweetest woman alive. I tend to concur. She's the woman who "adopted" all my friends in school, all of which lovingly called her "Mom" (even to this day). She stuck her neck out to make the best for me and my sister. When there wasn't a Girl Scout troop in our area, she started one. When there wasn't a flag sponsor, she took it on. She was always there, always supportive. Wanna dance? You got it! Wanna take piano lessons? Sure, babe! Girl Scouts? Rock on! All at once? And add FTA, AP courses, Honors Society, ROTC, Band, Flagline, and Clarinet lessons? Bring it on!

She's the incredible woman who was the rock during my turbulent teenage years (because whose teenage years weren't turbulent, I'd like to know, but it takes a special woman not to kill her children during this time). She was a guide, mentor, chauffeur, tutor, confidante, cheerleader, avid supporter, and I'm proud to say one of the best friends I've ever had.

I can only hope that I can be to my children what my Mom has been to me. I want them to have that in me, because I never take for granted what I've been given. When my friends gush about what an awesome Mom I have, I just smile and say, "I know."

I love you, Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Si si your mom is awesome and your dad too... you are mucho blessed!

Anonymous said...

You just made me cry! I love you "bigger than the sky" sweet Jenni!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Berfday to you... you live in a shoe... Monkeys are cute and not very blue-oooooooooooooooo.... unless they eat ice cream too fast.