31 March 2008

Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE

So yes... one more year. I have now officially scaled the hill toward 30 and come across the top, and now I'm sliding toward the bottom with a pina colada in one hand, yelling "wheeeee!"

Even though I've gotten a little scraped on the way down, it hasn't been that bad of a ride, really.

And I'm talking as if I'm all that close to 30. *Chuckle*

This previous week was one that was disorienting enough that on Sunday, when I woke to the sweet bells of my children singing "Happy Birthday" on their way into my room with my presents, it took me a moment to realize that it was, indeed, that particular day.

I spent the morning at church, and followed it with lunch at a friend's house. I then came home to rest, and then had a few friends over for dinner. And even though my gifts were FABULOUS, nothing can compare to the best gift I felt that day... friendship. It took away the pang of loneliness that I had been existing in for longer than I care to admit, and reminded me that there are people that care about me. And over the course of the last 2 days I've learned of several people that I love that have plans (or are in the process of having plans) to move closer here. Some are fairly new friends in the grand scheme, others I've known much, much longer.

*Sigh* There is, after all, a superglue for hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say that you're loved! Don't you forgit it missy!