31 March 2008

Reasons to Move to Houston

OK... I've heard of 4 people that I love dearly that are either moving back to Houston or moving for the first time. I wondered why, and in the skill of list-making I am a master.

1. Speed limits? We don't need no stinking speed limits!
2. We have "feeder" roads.
3. You're in the South. Like... WAY in the South.
4. The people are nice. No one shoots you for saying hello. Heck, they might even say hello back.
5. You can say "y'all" and not be laughed at.
6. We have NASA. 'Nuff said.
7. You don't need to spend any money on spas. Nine months out of the year you can just walk outside to feel like you've had a warm wet blanket thrown over your face.
8. All the cool bands play concerts here.
9. No one stares at you blankly when you say where you're from.
10. I live here.

Yep, sounds good to me.

No comments: