15 November 2005

Razzle Frazzled!

FrazzledCat

I know I'm a busy person. Anyone who knows me knows that. I think if one of my friends were asked to describe me in one word, it would be "busy." I would hope for "perfect," but I know they would probably choose "busy."

It all started when I was young. I remember my Mom encouraging me to do whatever I was interested in, whether it was Girl Scouts, dance, piano, band, art, sign language, Spanish, flag team, or whatever else I had the whim to do. And yes, I did all of those things. I ran my poor mother ragged dragging me across town to all of my hobbies.

Not that I'm complaining! I really enjoyed growing up well-rounded with the opportunity to explore my interests. My mother was one heckuva cool Mom! Everyone was jealous of me. My mom still gets called "Mom" by my old friends.

And some of my new, too...

Well, this busy-ness continued into high school. My senior year I took Calculus because I was in the advanced placement program in Math. I figured if I had gone all this way, I wasn't going to skip the opportunity. And no, I wasn't smoking crack. I was also in the honors program, so I was taking an advanced-level English and Literature course. On top of the academics, I was also taking a college Spanish course to meet a requirement for a scholarship, and it was located about 45 minutes away from my school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. On Tuesdays I'd student-teach a second grade music class at my hometown's elementary school. On Thursdays I'd work as a student aid for a teacher-friend of mine who taught middle school. So after my classes I'd trek to college, then back again to lead our wonderful flag team, since I was the captain. I'd then proceed to work, where I'd stay until 8 or 9. On Wednesdays I'd have piano lessons. I'd take the occasional clarinet lesson as well, especially right before competitions. I also was in ROTC, a flight commander and lieutenant. I also held both chapter president and district parliamentarian positions in the FTA, and was a member of several other hoity-toity honor societies. I was "busy"...

So, this has been my life as long as I remember. I thought I'd get a little down time starting at the beginning of the year, but I think that every year. And then I was thinking about the semi-commitments I've made for January. I'm Publicity for our MOPS group. I was going to take the last 2 classes I need for my Associates, Biology and Government (anyone know an easy-A science class for someone who isn't good at science?). I committed to lead a Crown Financial Ministries class every Sunday for 10 weeks, plus follow-up during the week. A friend is running a stamp club I'd like to attend, I have my Mary Kay meetings on Monday nights, and I run a playgroup every other Wednesday at our church that takes a little preparation for the discussion.

I hope no one is wondering why I'm so frazzled...

I haven't had time to scrapbook in a year. I don't have time to just sit down and relax. This blog is the closest thing I come to, and a post usually takes me a few days to put together because I get interrupted so much. I have 2 kids that I feel that I don't spend enough time with. I have a husband I'm sure feels neglected. I have a house I can't get clean and a to-do list a mile long.

Are any of my readers efficiency experts? Relaxation experts? I really need to cut out something, but I don't know where to even begin!!!

HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So there's always the option of running screaming down the street half naked and hoping that some nice neighbor will call the police and they'll lock you up in that place with the kind people in white suits. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of free time then......

Unknown said...

If something has to go, pick something unimportant like eating or sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did encourage you to try everything! It was my joy as your mom to let you experience as much as you wanted while you were growing up. And, yes...we ran the roads doing it, but wasn't it fun? And now that you are a mom yourself, it's going to be YOUR turn to be the Girl Scout leader, the PTO President, the Room Mom, the Flagline Sponsor, the Band Mom, the Piano Parent...you get the picture! I love you and the sweet person you have become!
Mommy