17 March 2006

Spontaneous Randomness

Because I'm in a really good and spontaneous mood today, I decided to post some random crap about myself that most people probably don't care to know. I'm going to tell you anyway!!!

- My feet get claustrophobic. I can't wear shoes that feel too tight, or socks with boots (have to wear hose). If my socks bunch up I freak out. Which is why, when given the choice, I wear flip-flops or no shoes at all.
- I have an extremely detail-oriented memory. When my hubby asks, "Where's the peanut butter?" he doesn't get "In the pantry, dear." He gets "It's in the pantry on the third shelf from the top, on the left-hand side, second item over, next to the applesauce... dear!"
- The country is a great escape for me, but I could never live there permanently. I enjoy people and convenience too much. I don't like driving five miles to a grocery store. Twenty? Fugghedaboudit, buddy.
- I don't like pickles, but I always order hamburgers and chicken sandwiches with them and pick them off. Why? I like the taste of the juice on the bread. A Chick-Fil-A sandwich is not the same without the pickle juice on the bread. Luckily my hubby loves pickles, so they don't go to waste.
- I'm very picky about smells. I can't usually handle anything syrupy-sweet smelling, like most fabricated melon or berry smells. I like flowers, but I can't spray them or burn candles with flowery scents because hubby is allergic. I like vanilla brown sugar, but as a soap and not an air spray. I'm okay with citrus as long as it's not strong and not powdery. The one scent I absolutely loved AND my hubby wasn't allergic to they discontinued. Ugh. So if you see any bottles of Glade Air Freshener in Tangerine Ginger, I will gladly pay you for them. And bad breath or body odor really irritates me. I guess I never lost that "pregnant-nose."
- Fountain: Coca Cola Classic. Can: Cherry Coke. 2 Liter: Sam's Choice Cola. Don't like regular bottles.

Now that I've convinced everyone I'm nice and neurotic, I have to add a little disclaimer that I'm sometimes semi-normal. When the mood strikes, of course.

rainbow brite

7 comments:

Bridget M. said...

I knew you were someone wonderful. I think we might be sisters, long separated by that pesky international border nonsense!

Jen said...

Yeah, I hate that international border stuff. Destroys the whole separated-twin idea. ;)

Unknown said...

Lol, pickle juice.

lisa said...

I say the same thing about pickles and I get the same response. :)

Anonymous said...

I like random thoughts and birkenstocks. I think it was very well put. :) AND (it's a BIG and!), I think you're cool.

Anonymous said...

oh, jen you're so funny

Anonymous said...

*Waving* Hi Jen! I like pickle juice on my Chickfila sandwich...but I do not think it would taste good on say, a hot and spicy chicken sandwich...dunno...could just be me. I had to laugh about the whole randomness post...I feel really random tonight...I was like "hey! I can relate!"...hope you have a good week!