21 January 2008

200th

On Saturday I planned a girl's night in with my friend Monica. Our plan was to pamper and in general just be girls for the evening. And what's more girly than beauty routines?

We had a lot planned, didn't get all of it done. We started by drinking an entire bottle of Reisling. I'm not kidding. It was protection. Because then we waxed our legs.

I had never done this before. It's not pleasant. What is pleasant, though, is seeing all those little hairs stuck to the wax and knowing they're not coming back for a while. My reaction to the first yank was similar to Mel's in What Women Want. There was some grunting in pain, and if I remember correctly, some obscenities.

This led to more protection in the form of the girliest drink ever invented. It was a pina colada with passion fruit-flavored rum and frozen mangoes and strawberries. Yeah, it was really girly. But the two shots of rum we had before drinking this warmed me up quite a bit.

We then did pedicures while watching Adventures in Babysitting, which was a nice break. And I plucked/shaped Monica's eyebrows while teetering over the edge of buzz into drunk. That was interesting. I didn't do much because I didn't want her to look permanently surprised. I told her I'd save the rest of the shaping for when we were sober. I'd hate for a great friend to be a victim of drunken plucking.

We didn't have time for the facials or doing our toes since it got so late (a lot of our time was spent drinking instead of beautifying). So I guess it's a good excuse to plan another girl's night in!

DSC06105

P.S. There is a luncheon tomorrow... and God willing by tomorrow afternoon my husband will be a Microsoft employee!

No comments: