01 January 2008

I can't just leave it like that, you know.

My hubby kinda-sorta bumped a guy on the way to the ER. Which made my New Year's SO much better, let me tell ya.

But today was okay. In true Monty Python fashion, it goht beh-er.

The wife of the guy he hit called this morning and said that there wasn't any damage, so happy new year, and she hoped our son was okay.

And he is. Turns out it was a horribly mutated (I exaggerate) diaper rash that had caused abrasions and blisters. That's why he was screaming and writhing uncontrollably. Because you know that's what I like paying the big-buck copays to hear (that's sarcasm). So my hubby brought home a cute but very loopy three-year-old on pain killers whose bottom had been buried under a sea of Boudreaux's Butt Paste. And is it really considered diaper rash when they don't wear diapers anymore??? Is it just a butt rash?

Ahhh... but then there's the sleep that only pain killers cause, meaning it's been kinda quiet today...

And we found out that the hubby's job will (probably) pay him the vacation time for this year... yay! I see check-marks on our goal list already.

And, as a compromise to the rat debate, we adopted Kai (k-eye). He is not a rat. Because we have three dogs that are forms of rodent terriers. Not a good idea. He is a budgie. Who we can hang very high to keep away from children and dogs. He's white with a sky-blue breast and tail. He's already beginning to adjust, and was chirping at me earlier. As much as I wanted a pet rat (that's not sarcasm), it'll just have to wait until our dogs have gone to their next life in doggy heaven.

So it wasn't all bad, it just seemed so at the time. Some good things came along, and some things were not as bad as they seemed. Just expensive.

No comments: